Productivity is the name of the game! If you can complete your air duct cleaning project faster two things will happen:
- You will be more profitable (less labor time and cost) on every job.
- Your pricing/bids can be more competitive (less labor cost and time) so you can win more projects and grow your business.
In an 8 hour work day there are 480 minutes. If you can improve your productivity by 5% you will save 24 minutes out of those 8 hours. In a 10 hour day, a 5% productivity improvement will save you 30 minutes. It’s not always easy to find ways to be more productive. If you look at your work procedures and the air duct cleaning tools you use it’s probably hard to see where and how you save a 24-30 minute chunk of time. A more likely scenario is that you can save a minute here and 2 minutes there and maybe 3 minutes there and maybe by the end of the day you’ll have your 24-30 minutes.
Here are seven possible ways you might be able be more productive. Estimate the minutes you could save for each of the 7 ways and see what you come up with for a daily total of minutes saved.
- Spend less time cleaning up the metal shavings when you drill your 1” access hole for your cleaning tools (whips and air washing). How many access holes do you drill in a normal day? The new Shavings Magnet tool captures these savings before they hit the floor so you don’t have to spend the time to clean them up.
- Do you ever waste time waiting for your compressor to charge up when you are air washing, whipping or using pneumatic tools? There are several Super Air Compressors to choose from but we recommend at minimum you have a compressor that can deliver 175 psi and 18 cfm of air with a 20 gallon receiver tank to minimize waiting. More air is more productivity!
- Isolate longer duct runs with each vacuum collector hook-up and eliminate the time required to cut additional access openings and move equipment. The new Backpack Dirt Bucket option on our Super Collector E-Max and Super Collector E2 gives you longer lasting suction that will let you isolate longer duct runs per hook-up.
- Agitate and blow at the same time instead of agitating and then blowing. Our Super Air Whip Systems let you do just that. Plus, we have both forward blowing octopus whip heads and reverse blowing octopus whip heads.
- Have cleaning tools that have a longer reach so you can clean longer duct runs from each access opening eliminating the need to cut additional access openings and move equipment. This can be critical when duct work is above a hard ceiling or underground or just with very limited access. Our Super Reach Systems (45’ to 130’ of reach) and our Super Trac Robotic System (100’ of reach) give you this long reach capability.
- Apply coating quickly and easily and eliminate the need to cut access every 5-10 feet and reach in with a hand held airless sprayer. Our Super Cart Family of Spray Systems let you apply coating and sanitizer in duct work ranging in size from 4” to 36” high quickly and easily.
- Don’t stir or strain your coating before using it. Many coatings require that you take the time to stir and strain the coating to minimize spray tip clogging. Tough Coat all in one HVAC system coating is ready to go right out of the bucket.
How many minutes per day can you save? Even if it’s not 24-30 minutes, any time saving are making you more productive and are valuable. There are 260 working days a year less 2 weeks’ vacation = 240 days. If you can save only 10 minutes a day that’s 40 hours a year. 20 minutes a day = save 80 hours a year and 30 minutes a day = saves 120 hours a year. Productivity is the name of the game!
If you have any questions please contact Peter Haugen at 855-Vac-Systems, or 952-808-1619 or firstname.lastname@example.org,